Episode 082: Effective discipline for oppositional kids starts with understanding these 5 themes
Parenting children through their opposition and defiance can be tough because it pushes our buttons. It is difficult not to take their resistance personally.
Keep these principles in mind and you'll find your efforts to discipline your children a little less challenging.
- Connect first, fix second
- Parental self-regulation is important
- Don't forget to mind the environment
- Remember that children are not small adults (beware the curse of knowledge)
- Children are not pets (i know it sounds ridiculous to state this but it's not as silly as it sounds)
If you want to learn more and stop tearing your hair out by signing up to do the 'Discipline with Empathic Parenting' audio course here ➡️ WAYS TO EFFECTIVE DISCIPLINE NOW!
To connect with Dr Davin Tan on Threads https://www.threads.net/@huddlewisdom
Check out the website for more resources www.huddlewisdom.com